9. Android背景2008年十月，第一款Android手机——HTC G1 发布。（The first commercially available phone to run Android was the HTC Dream, released on 22 October 2008. ）
Android is a Linux-based operating system for mobile devices such as smartphones and tablet computers. It is developed by the Open Handset Alliance led by Google.
12. Android的定义Android Developers：
Android is a software stack for mobile devices that includes an operating system, middleware and key applications. The Android SDK provides the tools and APIs necessary to begin developing applications on the Android platform using the Java programming language.
13. Android的成长历史（来源：Android (operating system) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia）
Google purchased the initial developer of the software, Android Inc., in 2005.
The unveiling of the Android distribution in 2007 was announced with the founding of the Open Handset Alliance, a consortium of 86 hardware, software, and telecommunication companies devoted to advancing open standards for mobile devices.
Google releases the Android code as open-source, under the Apache License. The Android Open Source Project (AOSP) is tasked with the maintenance and further development of Android.
14. Android的成长历史Android has a large community of developers writing applications ("apps") that extend the functionality of the devices. Developers write primarily in a customized version of Java. Apps can be downloaded from third-party sites or through online stores such as Android Market, the app store run by Google. As of October 2011 there were more than 400,000 apps available for Android, and the estimated number of applications downloaded from the Android Market as of December 2011 exceeded 10 billion.
Android was listed as the best-selling smartphone platform worldwide in Q4 2010 by Canalys with over 200 million Android devices in use by November 2011. According to Google's Andy Rubin, as of December 2011 there are over 700,000 Android devices activated every day.
15. Android的特性 Features
Application framework enabling reuse and replacement of components
Dalvik virtual machine optimized for mobile devices
Integrated browser based on the open source WebKit engine
Optimized graphics powered by a custom 2D graphics library; 3D graphics based on the OpenGL ES 1.0 specification (hardware acceleration optional)
SQLite for structured data storage
Media support for common audio, video, and still image formats (MPEG4, H.264, MP3, AAC, AMR, JPG, PNG, GIF)
GSM Telephony (hardware dependent)
Bluetooth, EDGE, 3G, and WiFi (hardware dependent)
Camera, GPS, compass, and accelerometer (hardware dependent)
Rich development environment including a device emulator, tools for debugging, memory and performance profiling, and a plugin for the Eclipse IDE
44. 开发过程演示 步骤：
45. Eclipse IDE
47. 嵌入式关系数据库管理系统SQLite SQLite is a software library that implements a self-contained, serverless, zero-configuration, transactional SQL database engine. SQLite is the most widely deployed SQL database engine in the world. The source code for SQLite is in the public domain.
48. 嵌入式关系数据库管理系统SQLiteAndroid provides full support for SQLite databases. Any databases you create will be accessible by name to any class in the application, but not outside the application.
49. SQLite 3的特性Features Of SQLite
Transactions are atomic, consistent, isolated, and durable (ACID) even after system crashes and power failures.
Zero-configuration - no setup or administration needed.
Implements most of SQL92. (Features not supported)
A complete database is stored in a single cross-platform disk file.
Supports terabyte-sized databases and gigabyte-sized strings and blobs. (See limits.html.)
Small code footprint: less than 350KiB fully configured or less than 200KiB with optional features omitted.
Faster than popular client/server database engines for most common operations.
50. SQLite 3的特性（续）Simple, easy to use API.
Written in ANSI-C. TCL bindings included. Bindings for dozens of other languages available separately.
Well-commented source code with 100% branch test coverage.
Available as a single ANSI-C source-code file that you can easily drop into another project.
Self-contained: no external dependencies.
Cross-platform: Unix (Linux and Mac OS X), OS/2, and Windows (Win32 and WinCE) are supported out of the box. Easy to port to other systems.
Sources are in the public domain. Use for any purpose.
Comes with a standalone command-line interface (CLI) client that can be used to administer SQLite databases.
51. SQLite建议应用场合 Application File Format.Rather than using fopen() to write XML or some proprietary format intodisk files used by your application, use an SQLite database instead.You'll avoid having to write and troubleshoot a parser, your data will be more easily accessible and cross-platform, and your updates will be transactional.
Database For Gadgets.SQLite is popular choice for the database engine in cellphones,PDAs, MP3 players, set-top boxes, and other electronic gadgets.SQLite has a small code footprint, makes efficient use of memory,disk space, and disk bandwidth, is highly reliable, and requiresno maintenance from a Database Administrator.
Website Database.Because it requires no configuration and stores information in ordinarydisk files, SQLite is a popular choice as the database to back smallto medium-sized websites.
Stand-in For An Enterprise RDBMS.SQLite is often used as a surrogate for an enterprise RDBMS for demonstration purposes or for testing. SQLite is fast and requires no setup, which takes a lot of the hassle out of testing and which makes demos perky and easy to launch.
52. SQLite 3中的数据类型Most SQL database engines (every SQL database engine other than SQLite, as far as we know) uses static, rigid typing. With static typing, the datatype of a value is determined by its container - the particular column in which the value is stored.
SQLite uses a more general dynamic type system. In SQLite, the datatype of a value is associated with the value itself, not with its container. The dynamic type system of SQLite is backwards compatible with the more common static type systems of other database engines in the sense that SQL statement that work on statically typed databases should work the same way in SQLite. However, the dynamic typing in SQLite allows it to do things which are not possible in traditional rigidly typed databases.
TEXT。文本串，使用数据库编码（UTF-8, UTF-16BE 或 UTF-16LE）存储。
然后，对于被执行的SQL语句，SQLite引擎按合适的方式将传统的静态类型转化上上述五类中的某一类，具体参见文献Datatypes In SQLite Version 3。